SPEAK!!!


Monday, September 8, 2008

My 1st step to MDC, The MDC Auditions...

Yo people! Just to update you all, I'm currently working in Bukit Panjang Camp as a Detail Clerk, spending my slacking and boring life there. And I have been sneaking back home every evening after work to practise for my upcoming MDC auditions at that time. Out of the four categories, I signed up for Vocal Ensemble, Musician/ Instrumentalist, and Production Service. The only one I did not signed up for is the Artiste category as it requires you to act, host and dance besides singing, and I can't do it. As for my life in Bukit Panjang Camp, I will talk about it in my next post.

Ok, 2 major events I had for the last week end. SCC camp and MDC audition. I shall start off with the SCC camp. SCC camp was not too bad, but also not too good.

Good pointers are: the bonding of the freshies are there, schedule is clear cut and systematic, the lecture by acid lao shi is really a very good highlight for the camp, the food production from the bbq is faster as compared to previous camps, and alot of people initiated to help out during the camp.

Bad pointers are: too little members went for the camp so the atmosphere not as high, technical side still can be improved, the kbox session like abit failure and overused (hee... no offense, sorry), night walk location like not eerie enough leh...

And I was very impressed by Gary's effort to make the camp a good one even though he's sick. Carry out a camp is already very tiring, whats even worse is that he was sick and he still carry on. Hero la. But of cos chien wen did a good job in assisting him also la, haha!

For me, my experience in this camp is great! Get to know quite a number of chio boos, heheheh. But not as fun as last camp, cos not many of my year that bunch of friends come back for this camp...

K, for the MDC audition, which falls on the morning of the MP and camp day, is already a let down. I have to rush to the clubhouse super early in the morning to practise my keyboard and warm up my vocals and then rush to Nee Soon camp where they held the audition. And I met a lot of friends and celebrities there. I met Kah Leong, Timothy, Renfred, Hanyang, an old friend of mine and some SCC people there.

1stly, I went for the instruments audition. The Godly Drummer Andrew from SCC Audio Insanity was one of the judge there and he regconise me! It was my turn and I brought in my mp5 with my backing music track inside and my keyboard. When I'm inside the room, Andrew allowed me to set up my own keyboard and my mp5 into the speakers, but got this uncle judge refused to allow me. I told him I had prepare my piano pieces and it requires my backing track to be played together when I'm playing my piano or else the music I prepared will make no sense. He insisted in not allowing me to carry out what I had planned. Fine then, I got no mood in presenting my piano pieces anymore and anyhow press those key on the keyboard. After all that effort I had done in recording my backing track, it had come to waste. What an asshole. And for sight reading, HE WANTS ME TO PLAY IT IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT READING IT 1ST! Please la! In every piano examination, the students are ALWAYS given at least 5 mins to read 1st before playing. That uncle is so unprofessional. As a result, I flunk the audition. Nvm, still got vocal audition next.

As for the vocal audition, people who went into the audition said that it was quite tough when the judge is playing some random notes on the piano and you have to sing according to it. And they need a bass singer... Ooooo... I was quite nervous and scared at that time, cos I cant afford to fail as I had flunk in my keyboard audition. So I went in and did my best. However, it was not as tough as I expected. I'm able to sing out those random notes the judge played on the piano and I'm quite satisfied with myself. Nothing much to complain. And so I moved on to the interview for production service.

There, the interviewer asked me some of my experiences on producing shows and I vomit out all the experiences I had during my course in Film, Sound and Video. I think she was quite satisfied with me also as I mentioned I was involved in the NP Idol production and SCC concerts production.. And so, I have nothing much to complain. But my worry is that what if i'm selected for both vocal and production service? According to MDC, they will post me to the one which lacks of people. Shit! I wanna go into vocal ensemble more! But nvm, whether I get in or not, its God's plan and I believe he will do what's best for me. K, got to sleep, cya!

My song performed during SCC Camp, hope you like it!

No comments:

My Hamster [Name: Atrium]

My Hamster [Name: Atrium]

SCC THE MOVIE (may take some time to load, pls be patience)

FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T VIEW THE SCC MOVIE VIDEOS BELOW, YOU CAN VIEW THEM THROUGH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE LINKS (but in a very low quality): Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO25M3DHkY Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c08aU1dbOSc Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-PKXQ6i_Vg Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1aydsx3cI Part 1: Part 2: Part 3: Part 4:

My Final Year Film Project - 遗 Part 2

My roles in this film: Sound recordist, Sound designer and Music composer

My Final Year Film Project - 遗 Part 1

My roles in this film: Sound recordist, Sound designer and Music composer

Move

Produced on August 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Jia Yi Arrangement by Me Performers: Winston(drums), Me(keyboard & vocal), Tiffany(vocal) & Ken (guitar)

Time

Produced on May 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Jia Yi Arrangement by Me Performers: Me (vocal) & Edmund (guitar)

解答

Produced on May 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Edmund(guitar) & Me (vocal & keyboard)

我们的符号

Produced on July 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me, Johnny & Jiayi Performers: Johnny(vocal), Qiu Yun(drums), Me(back-up vocal) & Jiayi(keyboard)

Ai Zhong Dian (requested by Johnny to put this up on the net)

Produced on 2007 Melody by Johnny Lyrics by Johnny Arrangement by Chien Wen, Tiffany, Johnny & Me Performers: Johnny(vocal), Tiffany(piano) & Me(drums)

爱搁浅

Produced on March 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by ShinRu Arrangement by Me Performers: Wan Ting(flute), Winston(drums) & Me(vocal & keyboard)

Farewell In The Skies

Produced on March 2008 Melody by Winston & Me Lyrics by Winston Arrangement by Winston & Me Performers: Winston(drums) & Me(keyboard & vocal)

世界另一边

Produced on January 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Maxwell(guitar), Johnny(vocal), Me(backup vocal) & Gary(backup vocal)

十六世纪的琴键

Produced on September 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Timothy(violin), Maxwell(guitar), Edmund(bass), Gregory(backup vocal), Larry(backup vocal & keyboard) & Me(vocal & pre-recorded drum beat)

感触

Produced on October 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Zi Qin Arranngement by Me Performers: Wendy(vocal), Zi Qin(vocal), Chien Wen(piano) & Qiu Yun(drums)

战神

Produced on June 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Johnny(vocal), Xiao Qiang(bass), Gregory(guitar), Edmund(lead guitar), Winston(drums), Chien Wen(keyboard), Guolong(backup vocal), Xiao Ling(backup vocal) & Cheryl(backup vocal)

白色钢琴

Produced on November 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Me(vocal), Tze Chow(drums) & Maxwell(lead guitar)

Produced on October 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Hui Jia Arrangement by Me Performers: Hui Jia(vocal), Tiffany (vocal), Jayson(bass), Cynthia(keyboard) & Winston (drums)

笔记的那一页

Produced on December 2006 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Tiffany(vocal) & Me(keyboard)

因为你存在

Produced on January 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Gary Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Gary(vocal), Ken(vocal), Me(backup vocal), Winston(bass), Ivy(drums), Gregory(guitar) & Chien Wen(keyboard)

因为你在

Produced on May 2006 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Zhi Wei(vocal), Maxwell(guitar), Larry(keyboard), Winston(drums) & Jayson(bass)

世界另一边

Produced on January 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Me(vocal) & Maxwell(guitar)

以为

Produced on August 2006 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Tiffany(vocal) & Me(piano)