SPEAK!!!


Saturday, December 13, 2008

My sweet life of the Army had just began, all thanks to the Lord!!!

Haha! Judging from the title above, you may think that why am I suddenly so devoted? Cos I have been receiving so many blessings lately! So wouldn't it be the right way the give thanks to Him?

To continue my NS journey from my previous post, I've been posted to SAF Film Unit in Safti MI as a Media Techinician, just when I made quite a number of good friends in Transport Hub like Wilson, Ming Yang, Chen Yang and Ji Wei. And Pang was posted back to Keat Hong Camp. Being posted out from the Transport Unit, I was given the Transport Hub Shirt and Cashcard as a token of appreciation. Its like leaving the family of the SAF Transport system company.

My new vocation as a Media Technician is a vocation that not many people in the Army will ever come across. The job scope is unknown to many, same goes to me, but I do know that its gonna be something related to media stuff. Anyway, I've heard its good life to be in there. True enough, that place is a PARADISE! Can be said better than the Music and Drama Company(MDC) which I'm dying to get in. And the best news is, I'M PERMANENTLY THERE!!! Which also means -> NO MORE POSTING ME AROUND!!! until re-course of bmt... And I also secretly heard that my Transport camp superior wrote a letter to send me to the SAF Film Unit. Love him.

On my 1st day there, I was interviewed by the boss, who is a SUPER NICE GUY! He is super friendly and not arrogent. And he don't dress in uniform. Having known my speciality in sound studio recording and music composition, he put me in charge of editing sounds and making music for the videos there. I was like "WOW! Its like I'm working in my future career already". And the Recording Studio there is very high tech. There's also a television, sofa and a keyboard in there to play with when I'm bored. The best thing is you can lock the studio and have ur private times in there and they wouldn't bother you so long as you meet the dateline to submit the given projects. The people working there are also very friendly, so far I never seen any Ah Beng-like characters there. Only Angels flying all over the place. Haha! I love my NS life now, and I hope it will be like this until I ORD.

Recently, I have been very busy thinking of a melody and arrangement for my song for the Impressario Song Writing Competition. I threw away alot of melodies until I finally got a melody that is more catchy and uses weird chords. And I have been thinking of ways to make my song stand out more. So I came out with a conclusion of making an English song having lots of back-up vocalists to spam harmonies to the MAX! Probably will make the song more different from the rest in the competition ba I guess... Anyway, I have done recording the instrumental minus-one and will be recording the vocals in LWS studios next week. Hopefully can submit the demo on time...

No comments:

My Hamster [Name: Atrium]

My Hamster [Name: Atrium]

SCC THE MOVIE (may take some time to load, pls be patience)

FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T VIEW THE SCC MOVIE VIDEOS BELOW, YOU CAN VIEW THEM THROUGH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE LINKS (but in a very low quality): Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO25M3DHkY Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c08aU1dbOSc Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-PKXQ6i_Vg Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1aydsx3cI Part 1: Part 2: Part 3: Part 4:

My Final Year Film Project - 遗 Part 2

My roles in this film: Sound recordist, Sound designer and Music composer

My Final Year Film Project - 遗 Part 1

My roles in this film: Sound recordist, Sound designer and Music composer

Move

Produced on August 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Jia Yi Arrangement by Me Performers: Winston(drums), Me(keyboard & vocal), Tiffany(vocal) & Ken (guitar)

Time

Produced on May 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Jia Yi Arrangement by Me Performers: Me (vocal) & Edmund (guitar)

解答

Produced on May 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Edmund(guitar) & Me (vocal & keyboard)

我们的符号

Produced on July 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me, Johnny & Jiayi Performers: Johnny(vocal), Qiu Yun(drums), Me(back-up vocal) & Jiayi(keyboard)

Ai Zhong Dian (requested by Johnny to put this up on the net)

Produced on 2007 Melody by Johnny Lyrics by Johnny Arrangement by Chien Wen, Tiffany, Johnny & Me Performers: Johnny(vocal), Tiffany(piano) & Me(drums)

爱搁浅

Produced on March 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by ShinRu Arrangement by Me Performers: Wan Ting(flute), Winston(drums) & Me(vocal & keyboard)

Farewell In The Skies

Produced on March 2008 Melody by Winston & Me Lyrics by Winston Arrangement by Winston & Me Performers: Winston(drums) & Me(keyboard & vocal)

世界另一边

Produced on January 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Maxwell(guitar), Johnny(vocal), Me(backup vocal) & Gary(backup vocal)

十六世纪的琴键

Produced on September 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Timothy(violin), Maxwell(guitar), Edmund(bass), Gregory(backup vocal), Larry(backup vocal & keyboard) & Me(vocal & pre-recorded drum beat)

感触

Produced on October 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Zi Qin Arranngement by Me Performers: Wendy(vocal), Zi Qin(vocal), Chien Wen(piano) & Qiu Yun(drums)

战神

Produced on June 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Johnny(vocal), Xiao Qiang(bass), Gregory(guitar), Edmund(lead guitar), Winston(drums), Chien Wen(keyboard), Guolong(backup vocal), Xiao Ling(backup vocal) & Cheryl(backup vocal)

白色钢琴

Produced on November 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Me(vocal), Tze Chow(drums) & Maxwell(lead guitar)

Produced on October 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Hui Jia Arrangement by Me Performers: Hui Jia(vocal), Tiffany (vocal), Jayson(bass), Cynthia(keyboard) & Winston (drums)

笔记的那一页

Produced on December 2006 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Tiffany(vocal) & Me(keyboard)

因为你存在

Produced on January 2008 Melody by Me Lyrics by Gary Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Gary(vocal), Ken(vocal), Me(backup vocal), Winston(bass), Ivy(drums), Gregory(guitar) & Chien Wen(keyboard)

因为你在

Produced on May 2006 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Zhi Wei(vocal), Maxwell(guitar), Larry(keyboard), Winston(drums) & Jayson(bass)

世界另一边

Produced on January 2007 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Me(vocal) & Maxwell(guitar)

以为

Produced on August 2006 Melody by Me Lyrics by Wendy Tan Arrangement by Me Performers: Tiffany(vocal) & Me(piano)